Monday, August 18, 2014

Conundrum

"To be, or not to be, that is the question" - Hamlet by Shakespeare

In the last week or so, I have been faced with a series of choices. Like Hamlet, I can choose to ____ or not to ______. Fill in the blanks for yourselves. I have been wrestling with whether or not a particular path is right or wrong or just not right for me. Robert Frost's poem about two roads in a wood are not particularly helpful at this point either. Decisions...decisions....decisions.

It is said that Hamlet's fatal flaw is his indecision. He can't make up his mind. However, when he finally does take action, it ends in the death of an innocent man and leads to a whole host of terrible events in which several innocent people lose their lives. It's not a work to inspire action on my part; it's more likely to make me even more cautious.

In my case, it is a question of whether it is time to quit, or not to quit a particular pursuit. It's also a case of whether to take an opportunity or decline it graciously. One of the Bible verses that I read today was Proverbs 16:9 “A man’s heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps.” I think this is probably the best advice; however, I could use a word from the Lord. I need some direction about now, and I've learned that GPS and map directions often lead you astray or plain get you lost in the woods.

For now, I'd just like a clear word from God regarding at least two burning issues in my life. There's a list of issues, but I'll settle for a clear direction on anything right now. I could use that cloud by day and pillar of fire by night about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment