Friday, August 8, 2014

Let's Make a Deal

My life lately has reminded me a lot of games of various kinds. This week it is reminding me of the show "Let's Make a Deal." You know there is that point in the game where there are 3 doors to choose from, and you have to pick one or just stay where you are? Well, I went from no doors (or even a window) to several possible doors. Different people are encouraging me to choose one or the other, and I'm trying to make wise decisions despite having a sinus headache all week. It's not easy.

Sometimes we are tempted to go through the first door that seems to be unlocked or opened by someone else because of the whole hallway effect, which makes me crazy. Still, I don't want to jump at the first opportunity because it might not be the best choice. I don't want to waste precious time doing something that is not God's will for my life just to satisfy fears, mine or other people's.

A couple of years ago I was faced with a similar dilemma, and I felt God saying that I should sow seeds everywhere and then leave it to God to bless the areas he chose to bless and walk away from the things he didn't. I applied for several jobs, and I sent in several book proposals. Nothing happened at first; however, almost a year later I received two different opportunities from those seeds.

So, I think the best plan is to not rush into anything, but sow seeds where the opportunities are given, and then let God close the doors and windows on places I was not meant to be. The human in me is begging for a big spotlight to shine down from Heaven on to the right door for me to go through, but I'll take a more subtle shutting of some doors, eliminating some choices, and a road sign or two to point me in the right direction because I don't want to make a deal with the devil. I'd just assume to stand firm until I feel God's hand guiding me to the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment